• Members
  • 0 posts

The title sounds like it could be Dio.

Lo_gan_7

Lo_gan_7
  • Members
  • 0 posts

The title sounds like it could be Dio.

This was my thought. It certainly sounds a lot less goofy than Rainbow in the Dark or Holy Diver as far as song titles go. And when you hear the lyrics, much like those Dio songs, it doesn't feel cheesy or goofy to me at all.

I thought it was pretty good, I'd love to have an album version.

Hetfield's Rage

Hetfield's Rage
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It's definitely thrash...a melodic interlude would have been nice.

Lo_gan_7

Lo_gan_7
  • Members
  • 0 posts
I didn't mind the solo. It wasn't Bleeding Me or The Unforgiven or anything, but not every solo is going to be that level either. I thought it was adequate, not something that makes the song, but also not something that breaks the song like a few of the solos on Death Magnetic came close to doing for me.

Hetfield's Rage

Hetfield's Rage
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I didn't mind the solo. It wasn't Bleeding Me or The Unforgiven or anything, but not every solo is going to be that level either. I thought it was adequate, not something that makes the song, but also not something that breaks the song like a few of the solos on Death Magnetic came close to doing for me.

I agree the solo isn't great...i think Kirk needed more studio time to do a decent one.

slicer

slicer
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I dig the title.  The less obvious song title choices are usually the songs that make me get more interested in the lyrics.  Metallica's far too old to beat people over the head with the death/hate/gloom thing all the time.

LeadHead

LeadHead
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Solo wasn't that bad, just too long. I like its ending, but first half could be just cut out.

Edited by LeadHead, Mar 17 14 - 03:18 AM.

potplat123

potplat123
  • Members
  • 0 posts

The song is great ... its on master of puppets level.

A big NO to everyone that says something negative here.

You really have to be sick to say a bad thing about this monster song.

And I dont understand how this sounds "unfinished" ... just the main riff is better than the whole DM.

They need to release this as a single.... like right now.

Edited by potplat123, Mar 17 14 - 03:19 AM.

Zalman

Zalman
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Thanks for making this thread Zalman, I wasn't looking forward to going through a bunch of pages in the other thread  :lol:

No problem.

Opinions, man.

Gira

Gira
  • Members
  • 0 posts

And I dont understand how this sounds "unfinished" ... just the main riff is better than the whole DM.

:lol:

Anyway, sounds like there are some tasty riffs in this song. The band is not that great sounding on live recordings so it's hard to judge it past that. It needs to be heavily edited as well but that's to be expected I guess.

metallicata cpnhagen

metallicata cpnhagen
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It's sick, riff and intro are nearly flawless, not sure about chorus though sounds somewhat demo. Ain't MOP or AJFA, it's something else, very COOOOOOOL. I LIKE IT A LOT. 

ps3tna

ps3tna
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Well seeing as i only really became a fan of Metallica in 2009,this is my first time experiencing new material (sans LuLu which i never even listened to) and i gotta say i'm fairly happy with the results.

Its been fun seeing some the excitement going into it and i had the fear as a lot did of it being another "New Song" situation and although i liked that song a bit,i'm glad this didn't end up the same way.

As soon as i saw the title i was like everyone else thinking it sounded a little strange but didn't flat out hate it. Also as soon as i saw the title i knew it was gonna be a song about summer touring and how its kinda the return the stage after the winters over. Overall i'm happy with it,its not perfect,could use some tweaking but even if it stays as is,its still kick ass.

lemmyafiver

lemmyafiver
  • Members
  • 0 posts

If they don't put this on the next album I think they should at least record a studio version and release it so we have something while waiting for the album.

ENDER^WIGGIN

ENDER^WIGGIN
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Nah. ITS BETTER THAN MASTOR

Yeah. Uh. umm.

Cool song, but come on, man.

ENDER^WIGGIN

ENDER^WIGGIN
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Also, let's discuss the skullet. 

:rockdevil:

nologo

nologo
  • Members
  • 0 posts

You know, there's something about this song, from the beginning of the verse to the end of the 'are you remembering the sound' part, that reminds me of 'Mr Self Destruct' by NIN.

I like this song a lot. Granted, I would've liked something slower, heavier, darker, yet still 'epic' in terms of its soundscape... something Outlaw/Fixxxer-esque, I suppose. But I've listed to this a few times and really enjoyed it. I think the title is kind of cheesy though!  

algomas

algomas
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It could have been on a hypothetically album between master and justice I guess, if only James still had that voice..

Filtered

Filtered
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Negatives:

- Main riff isn't strong enough, I can't believe people swallow that up while hating on the My Apocalypse riff

- Break down riff is just  :wallbash: It's like the Hell & Back bridge riff, so uninspired 

- I'm not too sure about the vocal melodies

- The Leper riffing after the solo seems unnecessary to me, it doesn't go anywhere. Rebel comes to mind here

- Why always return to with lyrics after the solo section ? Just go out with a bang, it's just repeating anyway.

- Way way way too long, cut 2 minutes, trim down repeated sections, a fast thrasher doesn't have to be a 8 minutes long epic

- Not overly fond of the title although that doesn't mean much. I can't really make out the lyrics either.

- The pre chorus is horrible

I really have mixed feelings about this, I so much hoped that James would kick through more on this one, I know he likes short to the point songs. Write some of those again, this is a continuation (imo not better) from Dm which was awesome, but I'd rather see them go somewhere else this time.

This, again and again. Well said bro!

Zalman

Zalman
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It could have been on a hypothetically album between master and justice I guess, if only James still had that voice..

His current voice (in the studio, at least) is way better.

I know I'm alone on this one.

Filtered

Filtered
  • Members
  • 0 posts

We are not to blame if you don't have some critical thought over what you listen. Some of us here, are not satisfied with average stuff especially for a band as big as Metallica. If you digest everything that is served to you without even examining it then it's your choice. The song is simply ok. It could have been A LOT better though. To me, it doesn't even stand near MoP or even Load in terms of quality.

Edited by Filtered, Mar 17 14 - 03:44 AM.

ENDER^WIGGIN

ENDER^WIGGIN
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I wish they expanded on that breakdown at 6:34, this has potential to be an epic riff ala the breakdown riff to Leper Messiah.

DS-StrangeR

DS-StrangeR
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Rob mentioned a few weeks ago that this new song is very rough and not finished, so I'm sure Tallica will polish it by the time it's released on the album, think of "Death is not the end" and what they did to it on the album. I really like the song as it is, although I am not overly excited about it (crap audio quality does not help) but what I am really excited about is the direction they are going with the recording of the new album. 

jaysee

jaysee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

A big  NO to your idea that we should all kowtow to one opinion.

Rob mentioned a few weeks ago that this new song is very rough and not finished, so I'm sure Tallica will polish it by the time it's released on the album, think of "Death is not the end" and what they did to it on the album. I really like the song as it is, although I am not overly excited about it (crap audio quality does not help) but what I am really excited about is the direction they are going with the recording of the new album. 

James said that they wrote the song especially for this tour. They don't know if it will make the record or not....just have to wait and see.

Magnetic_Justice

Magnetic_Justice
  • Members
  • 0 posts

So when will there be a copy that doesn't sound like shit?

Zalman

Zalman
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I wish they expanded on that breakdown at 6:34, this has potential to be an epic riff ala the breakdown riff to Leper Messiah.

I think they should take that part out and build a new song around it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users