Photo

In the Bag

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Tiberiacek

Tiberiacek
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I did not see it but if his reaction was almost upsetting I wouldn't be surprised if he saw Relulu or note with "get a life" on it

juiceminister

juiceminister
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I thought it was the doll at first.

Or the tabs for Orion  :teehee:

Edited by juiceminister, Sep 30 13 - 01:00 PM.

waunakonor

waunakonor
  • Banned
  • 0 posts

Perhaps we'll find out what's in the bag when the full version comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray.

BMus1

BMus1
  • Members
  • 0 posts

The DVD/Blu-Ray version IS what's in the bag.  :ohmy:

M16A4ification

M16A4ification
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It's Lars' missing snare from St. Anger!

Bure316

Bure316
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I saw this posted on IMDB by a fan, what do you guys think?

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);]"Took my better half to see this movie, I was somewhat let down. First off, I am a huge Metallica fan. I was expecting a movie with a concert in the background. Instead I got a concert with a movie in the background. I did enjoy the concert footage and it brought goosebumps and memories of past shows, but I was also dumb to any facts that there might be a hidden meaning behind the movie/concert relationship. It wasn't until after the movie and a few minutes of silence that my wife explained to me her interpretation of the movie. I was blown away and now must go watch this movie again. [/color]
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);]In essence, the bag that our young Trip must acquire holds none other than the core of Metallica, the essence of a metal show, and the brotherhood that Metallica is at its roots. [/color]
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);]The concert is all glitz, show, and puppetry. To much going on in the background with all the lasers and lights, props, and such. The concert follows along with trip. I'll have to re watch to verify all the correlations, but he has a car accident and the a large hydraulic arm malfunctions on stage. As the stage gets more and more populated with props, lights, and fire the riots Trip experience get more and more savage and out of control. The rider could possibly be thought of as being the conductor and pusher of an over exaggerated show. Trip being his alter ego and, in essence, a stripped down version of a Metallica Show. When Trips hammer destroys the rider it also destroys the stage and Metallica is reduced down to its core. [/color]
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);]It all accumulates down to Trip delivering the bag and Metallica jamming in an empty stadium, just grooving, and only Trip as an audience. [/color]
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);]Once she explained it I felt it made perfect sense to me. I guess it's just an opinion though and is up for interpretation. "[/color]

Panama Jack

Panama Jack
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It was the lansing of Unforgiven IV

woutpet

woutpet
  • Members
  • 0 posts

https://twitter.com/...132969389604865

Maybe they'll give some hints after a while? :p

nickfartsbadly

nickfartsbadly
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I really think the bag had to do with Cliff Burton. The movie came out on September 27th which is the anniversary of Cliff's death. They also played Orion at the end with the bag on the stage which is also a song they played at Cliff Burton's funeral. Cliff Burton played a large role in writing Orion and it was one of his favorite Metallica songs.

Edited by nickfartsbadly, Oct 01 13 - 01:15 PM.

Metal Maiden

Metal Maiden
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Maybe the bag once belonged to Cliff.

Moderus Prime

Moderus Prime
  • Members
  • 0 posts

It's a Kirk Hammett solo without Wah.

Razorback718

Razorback718
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I really think the bag had to do with Cliff Burton. The movie came out on September 27th which is the anniversary of Cliff's death. They also played Orion at the end with the bag on the stage which is also a song they played at Cliff Burton's funeral. Cliff Burton played a large role in writing Orion and it was one of his favorite Metallica songs.

Not to mention that James mentioned wanting to have Cliff Burton appear on stage somehow (ala Tupac). So, the bag and its contents may be that idea put into something less obvious.

nickfartsbadly

nickfartsbadly
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Not to mention that James mentioned wanting to have Cliff Burton appear on stage somehow (ala Tupac). So, the bag and its contents may be that idea put into something less obvious.

Another thing is that Cliff Burton never played Orion live (Metallica's first time to play it live was in 2006). So I think the empty arena at the end symbolizes that fact. I agree that the bag does symbolize Cliff so they are essentially playing the song just for him. I didn't understand the bag when I watched the movie but it makes so much sense now.

stereomud79

stereomud79
  • Members
  • 0 posts

My feeling was that it was Cliff's stuff. Maybe from the bus accident. Maybe it was the bag he brought with him on the road or contained his stuff? I was thinking that the bag represents Cliff's relationship still with the band. The fact that they play Orion once the bag is on stage, coupled with the fact that it was released on the same day as his death kinda proves this for me.

Razorback718

Razorback718
  • Members
  • 0 posts

I think it is safe to say that it is Cliff related. I wonder if they know what is supposed to be in the bag or if they decided to just leave it up to us to decide.

I'd prefer if they know but never tell us.

ArchStanton

ArchStanton
  • Members
  • 0 posts

You can all stop your futile speculation.

The truth is out:

Posted Image

ArchStanton

ArchStanton
  • Members
  • 0 posts

And on the topic of dubious products...

http://www.metallica...2012-tshirt.asp

"Black Album 'faces' t-shirt updated!"

Classy.

Razorback718

Razorback718
  • Members
  • 0 posts

That confirms it. They are re-recording all their albums to include Rob on their label releases!

CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By no one but I said it so it must be true.

Wolfish

Wolfish
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Cliff's infamous hammer is inside the bag.

morebeerz97

morebeerz97
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Maybe the bag once belonged to Cliff.

I actually thought the same thing. Maybe it was his gig bag from his last tour> Who knows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users